The Chevening scholarship scheme is currently being reviewed. A final decision on eligibility requirements, selection criteria, target regions and priority study areas for 2011/2012 is expected by the end of January 2011. However we have decided to start accepting applications from Indonesian candidates for 2011/2012 Chevening scholarships via the website:https://www.chevening.fco.gov.uk/CheveningApplications/CA_Start.aspxAs in previous years we are likely to offer full scholarships for one year Master degrees at United Kingdom universities and other professional institutions. The scholarships would cover living costs, tuition fees and return airfares.
Candidates should be aware that Chevening 2011/2012 is likely to be more closely aligned with delivery of the FCO’s priorities. More information about these is available at:http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/our-priorities/
The Chevening scheme is highly competitive, with only the best applicants invited for interview. We particularly encourage applications from individuals based in eastern Indonesia. Candidates will need to meet the following basic requirements:
– Indonesian citizens.
– Excellent first degree with a minimum GPA >=3.0.
– Good level of spoken and written English language (IELTS 6.5).
– Minimum of 2 years full time post-graduate (S1) work experience.
– Clear commitment to long-term career development.
– Must be able to demonstrate leadership potential and the capacity to play an important role in Indonesia’s future development.
– We regret that we are unable to accept applications for MBAs.
– Previous recipients of a Chevening award are not eligible to apply.
– Employees, employee’s relatives (or former employees who have left employment within the last two years) of the FCO, including FCO posts, the British Council or any Chevening sponsors are not be eligible for these awards.
When the review of the Chevening scheme is finalised further details on eligibility criteria and other information relevant to applications will be posted on this page and at: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/scholarships/ as well as on the Chevening Facebook page.